20120112

flatSTUDIO is finally up and running

Really happy today to tell you a little bit about, and show some photos of my video editing studio I've been working on these past couple of months. Today, the final piece arrived and it is now complete! My old laptop which has really struggled with HD video has been replaced with a screaming-fast beast of a PC, along with a larger monitor and some really loud speakers, making editing video a thousand times faster and more accurate.

I've painted the wall, put up art from friends, and found a cheap desk and office chair too. I went from having my laptop on the couch, to this- so as you can imagine, I'm extremely thankful!

My lab is a cross between a man cave and an office, and it's perfect for me. I've got my dog and really special things from my friends all around me here.
Huge thanks to my lovely lady, Mary, for putting up with all this nonsense, believing in me, and helping me realize my vision one step at a time.

above: my sweet puppy, eve


above: flatstyle logo vinyl sticker. a found a dirt cheap place online with really fantastic quality


above: signed Matt Hoffman poster that hb. sent me for a video i made. i treasure it.

Kani Plus 4, Kani Plus 1, Mostly True. Thanks  Jin and TAKU! wooden ninja sword i won at jomopro, and the super rad original artwork flatstyle fish by Yinfing Thao.


looking forward to filming more people this year!

computer setup: 23" LED monitor w/hdmi, pc: 16GB+16GB(readyboost) RAM, intel quad core i5 processor 3.0ghz, 2T hard drive, graphics card w/ 1GB cache, altec lansing surround speakers w/sub. this machine could eat my laptop for breakfast, i'm now able to edit with zero lag.


9 comments:

  1. Prepped and ready for some serious production. nice wall art. hopefully, i will be up on that editing screen soon after we film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. accidentally posted twice. i didn't realize you painted flatstyle on the wall. very cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo jealous on that hoffman signed poster!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking damn good Jim! I need to get my space sorted so I can get some art finished for your walls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. QUE LEGAL...! FICOU MUITO BOM! UM DIA QUERO FAZER UM VIDEO EM PARCERIA.

    confira: http://lisiastabarelli.blogspot.com/2012/01/flatstudio-esta-finalmente-funcionar.html

    Felicidades "JM"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eu adoraria trabalhar juntos em um vídeo com você, Lisias!

    ReplyDelete

comment: